Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Flawless: Not Just A Pretty Face

"Along Came A Spider…

again it sat down beside her...
This time however Miss Muffet
was armed with a can of RAID!"


I have extended the launch of my site at http://www.flawlessimagery.com/ due to last minute considerations in order to keep within the guidelines and high standards that I have set for myself and for my customers at this websites onset. Primarly to never compromise or exploit my life experiences or that of my customers for monetary gain. Since for me my life and business are one and the same I was comfortable with launching yesterday. However I want to provide my customers with every assurance and safety measure available to me that my choices do not harm nor reflect that of  my customers.

It has been brought to my attention that apparently, I already have critics lying in wait to pounce upon…What? Content they have never viewed. A little premature, don’t you think? To these critics I respond with the following :
“There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance-That principle is contempt prior to investigation.”
 – Herbert Spencer

Due to the focus of my website, which includes Portrait Retouching and Glamour Enhancement I do feel that some of the concerns that have been circulating are valid and I gladly accept these as an opportunity as well as my responsibility to address these concerns:

First and foremost regarding a young women’s self-image. Every image of the women and children displayed on my site was Flawless before I touched a hair upon their heads with my Wacom Tablet and pen. I do not perform what is known in this industry as A Glitz Glamour Retouch on any Photo. There are many retouching websites that do offer this form of extreme Pageant retouching service. Simply I find it unrealistic and it does not reflect nor does it meet with our criteria at A Flawless Image. I do not alter the age or features on photos of children that go beyond a natural light retouching and enhancement used for overall grooming. There are a couple of pictures on my site to date that are used as examples of some of the techniques we offer. In these photos, the models are my own daughter and one of my nieces and were shot several years ago. One is a school picture, another example is a change of eye color. All photo submissions are required and must be accompanied by a parental consent form as well as a copyright release form. I still maintain the right to decline doing business on a case-by-case basis.
 I support several causes for children and women among them "The Dove Campaign for Real Beauty"
 These organizations will have visible links on my site.

I appreciate your time and welcome your feedback at: Marcia@flawlessimagery.com

-Sincerly, Marcia Willis
Owner of  'A Flawless Image'
http://www.flawlessimagery.com/

No comments: